Try risk-free with a 60-day money back guarantee and free ground shipping within the continental USA!
Even if you're great at driving your vehicle in reverse, you can still stand to benefit from a TYPE S HD wireless backup camera with extended battery. This camera gives you a clear view of everything that's around you while you're backing up so that you can avoid pedestrians and other obstacles. Plus, since it doesn't require any wires, you can install the camera on any type of vehicle, no matter how large or small. If you want to have confidence when you put your vehicle in reverse, the TYPE S wireless backup camera is a great investment.
If you're not too handy when it comes to vehicle modifications, the TYPE S wireless backup camera is perfect for you. That's because the entire system can run without running any wires through your vehicle. In fact, the only wire that's needed is a cord to power the HD display, which can easily be plugged into your vehicle's auxiliary power outlet. Other than that, all of the video information is sent wirelessly from the camera to the display. Plus, you'll find it easy to connect the extended battery solar-powered backup camera because the camera itself is solar powered so that you don't have to run any extra wires to the rear of your vehicle.
The designers of the TYPE S wireless backup camera want to help you increase safety with a wireless solar-powered backup camera. That's why we've designed the camera with an impressive 160-degree view to ensure you don't miss any potential hazards. Plus, the 720P HD display shows you everything you need to see even in bright sunlight. Another enhancement of this camera is night vision. This feature makes the best use of available light so that you can see the important details of your dark surroundings.
As long as you can perform a few basic installation steps, you'll quickly be up and running with the TYPE S wireless backup camera. If you're still thinking, "I need someone to help me connect my back up wireless camera system," here is the basic process. To install the camera, simply tighten a few screws to hold the camera frame in place. The solar panels on the frame power the camera and provide energy to the batteries to power the camera when it's dark. Then, install the display mount on your windshield, connect the power supply to your power outlet, power on the display, and you're good to go.
The 3rd generation TYPE S Wireless Solar-Powered HD Backup Camera is the most powerful yet. With the addition of a second lithium-ion battery, the power capacity is now doubled to 5000mAh. Repositioned solar panels capture more sunlight, thus maximizing solar-charging efficiency. A wave of the hand activates the high definition, touchscreen monitor. This system is extendable. Increase your safety by adding a second camera for a split-screen front and rearview. Add-On Wireless Parking Camera sold separately.
First, the camera is as easy to install and use as advertised. Simply charge, install in your license plate holder, plug in the screen, and go.
A few key flaws.
1. The display can ONLY be powered by a cigarette lighter accessory port. This means the port is completely tied up, so you are out of luck if you have something else that needs the port like a dash cam or phone charger. In some cars, the port is in a cramped spot which makes a splitter difficult to add.
2. The camera is washed out in bright light or rain.
3. The curved backing of the display screen can make it impossible to hold on a grip mount, you have to use the unsightly suction cup/arm that it comes with
4. The camera will randomly turn on all the time, so you will need to unplug it or otherwise switch off the display if you don't need to see it.
Would not purchase again. Display is hard to see in the daylight. On a rainy night the display is none existent or crappy. When you do get a display on a clear night it is almost useless.
Complete waste of money.
This is convenient when you use your car a lot like me. I noticed that the shadows from the trees will activate the motion sensor while driving so I set it to near to see if it'll fix it if not just turn it off. A pretty useful and neat piece of tech. I recommend it
Research and research with final result here. These are the features for myy purchase.
1. Easy setup.
2. Mount just below radio with some command picture hanging strips for Honda CR-V 2010. Dimension of the 6.8” HD Monitor; 8”L x 3” 1/4H x 3/4W
3. Feature to turn off the camera for extensive garage. Car use maybe twice a month.
4. Can turn off motion detection and tap once on screen to activated.
Additional features that could have made it great.
1. Power adapter didn’t have USB pass through, easy remedy with purchase of a splitter.
2. Firmware to have when car turn on, device in stand-by mode.
3. Firmware to have option to tap once or and motion detect into stand-by mode.
Its really really a good backup camera but with the below 2 issues.
1. As others pointed out it did not fit properly in the windshield due to the rigid rod which does not have a 360 rotating head.
2. Camera is a not straight in the plate and hence if you follow the lines for reverse parking you will end up parking in slight 25 degree angle.